Eralsey Ferguson commissioned the six-story building bearing his name in 1896 and it was completed just one year later. Throughout the years, The Ferguson has been home to commercial tenants such as architects, dentists, dressmakers, doctors, a photographer and much more.
Several upscale tenants occupied the building throughout the 1920s and 1940s, but one of the most notable tenants, Winkelman’s department store, occupied the building for more than 30 years prior to its transition to a residential property.
The brick exterior dates back to the late 19th century, but the building includes 21st century upgrades such as polished concrete floors, granite countertops and ceramic tile kitchen backsplashes.
The open floor plans and high ceilings provide an open canvas for each person to make the space their own. Significant renovations in 2017 brought in new kitchens with stainless steel appliance packages, in-suite laundry and modern light fixtures throughout the spacious units.